My Blog List

Friday, April 13, 2012

Running horse



This card gave me fits. First I chopped an entire piece of patterned paper for the base. Then I chose a brown to mat the horse on. After I put a couple together I decided I didn't like it. Chopped up this green paper. Decided to add a third mat to the image. Put it all together, Scanned a picture. The slight pink tone to the first brown image mat looked really pink! The green looked really bright! Pulled the card apart and took off the first brown mat. Toned down the green with chalk inks and put the card back together. Decided I would add some distress inks. Got out my mat and started distressing 5 cards that had the green base on the card. Got ink all over the back of the cards so I had to chop the entire front off.   I am done. Clean backs, toned down the green, used just one mat for the image.

Five more masculine cards for the OWH box

4 comments:

Cindy E. Burton said...

Geesh! What an adventure! Nice result...

Sherry Hickey said...

You make me laugh, Cora! You're so good at capturing what we cardmakers go through sometimes! But as I said, this card is beautiful and well worth your effort!

Conniecrafter said...

Sorry to hear you had such a hard time with this but glad to see you stuck with it because the end project is GREAT!

Melisa said...

My dad made me a leather purse thing with a horse on it that looked just like that! He freehanded it, too! Thanks for the memory!