Sunday, December 30, 2012
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Friday, November 30, 2012
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Sunday, November 18, 2012
On OWH the Our Daily Bread Design challenge was to use a technique or tool you hadn't used for some time. I got out a stipple brush and used a Brick Red Distress Ink on the focal point. The heart is a Tim Holtz stamp and the sentiment is from one of the Hero Arts & OWH stamp sets. The papers are some leftovers from my stash. I finished the card with We are Memory Keepers bakers twine. I popped up the focal point with Scotch foam tape.
I am working on masculine love cards. I made 3 with these papers. More to come with different papers, same design
Friday, November 16, 2012
I seem to have a mental block with the valentines so I did a love card. I have so much colored cardstock I decided I would start using it for the base instead of white. We will see how that works. I trimmed down one of the Michael's card bases that are pretty light weight and added to the inside to firm up the card.
I will give a shot to doing the card deets. Not accustomed to doing that at all.
dotted paper-Cosmo Cricket
owl and sentiment-Darcie's
Memento Tuxedo Black
Sakura clear glaze pen
crown & wings-E33
eyes-Y19 plus a yellow green Sharpie
bottom tiers in order-Y61, G21, BG11, oops I forgot to write down the last color
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
The challenge this week at OWH is a Thank You card. This and the following cards will go out in my next box. I am going to go ahead and post some more. I was trying to use up some Basic Grey papers all in the same couple of lines. Some of the cards also used an OWH sketch challenge.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Thursday, November 1, 2012
I stamped the background with Brilliance Galaxy Gold using a Stampendous stamp. The red heart is a flocked paper. Feels and looks very luxurious. I used a Nestability to cut it. The inset on the key was yellow so I recolored it with a Copic marker. I have enough of the red to make 5 cards.
Monday, October 29, 2012
I resized the pattern on this one a little and it looks much nicer. More like the original pattern intended I think. I used Origami papers and they folded so nice. This time I barely pricked the paper with the needle. Before cutting I reinforced at an angle each corner with a little piece of scotch tape.
I am really liking #3. Made some changes after the first #3 ended in the waste basket.