My Blog List

Friday, January 3, 2014

Sewing Machine Challenge to Cindy


Cindy talked about sewing on cards so I challenged her to get out her machine. She accepted and has headed to the attic to get it. I would have refused if I had to go to the attic. You get to it via the garage and the attic stairs which I have never set foot on. The attic is where my furnace is so when the filters need to be changed I call on my 20 year old granddaughter to do the honors.

I cheated a little on this challenge. I had all of the elements ready and I just needed to sew them instead of using my ATG. I have 6 cards for my OWH box. My sewing is a little rusty I admit.

The image is a Bugaboo digi colored with Copics. The little cloud I embossed came via my friend Peggy B. She sent me a nice big envelope of them in several sizes.

10 comments:

Tommi said...

I like sewing on cards also. Did a lot of it in 2012. I really like how the sentiment is sewn both sides, like a tag.

Unknown said...

You did it...you got the machine out...this is a great card.

Velda said...

Good job, Cora. I've never used my sewing machine for cards. It just sits unused in the closet.

Cindy E. Rapson said...

Holy cow! You are wicked fast! I've JUST set mine up. I LOVE the addition of sewing on your card. Now I need to figure out where I'm going with mine... :)

sherry varga said...

I love the look of sewing on cards! Wish I had a sewing machine. You go girls!!!

Cherie said...

I love the detail the sewing adds to your card.

Cindy's Card Co said...

I like sewing on cards. Too bad I can't sew. Well I can but I have my grandma's old Singer and it doesn't like me.

Cindy's Card Co said...

I like sewing on cards. Too bad I can't sew. Well I can but I have my grandma's old Singer and it doesn't like me.

Conniecrafter said...

I would say you did a great job sewing, too cute!

Sherry Hickey said...

Cute card, Cora! I like the sewing and the embossed cloud! Super!