My Blog List

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Tags and Twine

The Mid week Throwdown at OWH is tags and twine. I picked up 2 sheets of this nice heavy Bazzill paper for $.25 a sheet. The bottom had this card design. I cut off the bottoms and have 6 cards with a similar look. The top half is no design so I also like that. The back side is the stripes. The stamp is Stampendous. It came in a square frame and I cut it off. No regrets.

 


I decided I didn't like the black so I redid with blue. I like it much better. The blue ties in better with the stripes
 

5 comments:

Dotti's Hobbies said...

Love your card Cora Jean! I like the border punched piece that ties the two designs together. And, good thinking cutting off the frame on that stamp. Looks great and now it's more versatile to use! :)

Diane said...

wow- great way to use the Bazzill paper! Love that you altered your stamp! I also like the blue! TFS!

Unknown said...

Great cards Cora! I love both, but the blue border punch picks up blue from your other elements, that's why it's more appeasing to the eye. I bet if your first card had some more black, you'd lve it too! Thanks for playing along!

Debby said...

amazing paper and great card!!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Super cute cards Cora!

I don't have your email addy, but wanted to tell you about the Sketch Challenge this coming Sunday. Your "group 3" cards you posted Feb 13, 2013 is the inspiration for the sketch. If you have any questions my email is: marlened00@gmail.com