My Blog List

Monday, June 6, 2011

Hambo Hoedown-Thank you "berry" much


Finally finished my card for this weeks Hoedown. The free image was from their new line of fruit and vegies kids. They have some pretty cute images and you can find them here. This image is Strawberry Kid. The challenge was to use the provided image and sentiment and add some buttons. It seems that most of the cards I make these days are for Operation Write Home. Because I know the troops are not going to use a padded envelope to send the card there is always the concern about buttons not making it through the postal machine. I chose to make a faux star button. I colored Strawberry Kid with Copics and then paper pieced the berry part. Now I want to show you my first version of this card. I decided it was too busy so I did a makeover.

4 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Both of them are fun! I love your starred strawberry and the button you made~ Thanks for playing in the Hoedown!

Beverly said...

This is fantastic! I love your faux star button and certainly understand your concern about using real buttons when mailing overseas. The red, white, and blue twine is great with it!
Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown!

NoraAnne said...

LOVE the colors you used, so summery and patriotic! The embossed stars on the tag look great and i love how you paper pieced Strawberry Kid! Thanks for playing along in the hoedown!

Debby said...

these are fabulous Cora,love that cute image inside the strawberry,lol